I’M BACK! I just had the most amazing two weeks in Europe with my family and therefore didn’t have anytime to blog but I have so much to tell you guys 😀
We spent a week in Rome and a week in Barcelona which were absolutely magical experiences ❤ I had been to both cities in the past but only for a few days each so it was so wonderful to really explore both places especially with my family by my side.
Before every flight I take I LOVE to watch YouTube videos and read blog posts about what everyone packs in their carry on bag as I find it so interesting. I love to see what others bring to make their flight more comfortable and I especially love to see what beauty products they use while up in the air.
Luckily our flight to Rome was only an 8 hour flight so I didn’t need quite as much skincare as I brought with me on my last flight to Japan but I still wanted to keep my skin hydrated and healthy throughout those 8 hours.
I am always over prepared when I travel so I apologize if the below list is super long but these are the beauty contents of my carry on bag:
CARRY ON BAG
I love using my Longchamp Le Pliage Tote as my carry on as it is roomy enough to fit everything I need yet still looks cute as I am dashing through the airport. The fact that it is nylon and has a zipper are also two huge bonuses for me since I can wipe it if it gets dirty and the zipper ensures all of my belongings are safe. I use the large tote in black.
Keeping my skin plump, hydrated and moisturized is my number one goal on any flight (besides getting their safely obv.) so my in flight skincare products always revolve around that. Below are the steps in the order that I apply my products to ensure that I get off of the plane with my skin looking as glowy and hydrated as humanly possible:
- Makeup Wipes – normally I hate using makeup wipes because they always dry out my skin but I always use them on flights since they are easy to pack and don’t require any water to use. I like to use one the second I sit down so that I can wipe off all of the grime and dirt from waiting around in the airport and can start my in-flight skin care routine on a clean canvas. I prefer using wipes that have some sort of skincare benefit as well since I find them less drying and better for my skin. These Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths are a dream especially since I use the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser every morning and know that their formula works really well with my skin.
- Moisturizer – I have always had the Avene Clean-AC Hydrating Cream in my rotation for years but on top of loving it so much, it is also the perfect size to take on a plan as it comes in at only 40 ml. It is deeply hydrating yet very light and is therefore the perfect base for my to build upon for the rest of my skincare routine.
- Overnight Mask – this probably goes without saying by now, but my Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask also always makes the cut. I mean, did you guys really think this would even be a skincare routine without this bad girl on here?
- Facial Oil – the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light is forever a staple in my routine and one I’m sure you guys are sick of hearing about about BUT I need this on every flight. After applying it to my face, I love to use the excess on my hands to keep my hands and cuticles nice and soft and also on the ends of my hair so they don’t dry out. Plus, the travel size version is beyond cute.
- Facial Spray – I love using the travel sized Avene Thermal Spring Water throughout the flight when my skin needs a little pick-me-up. It is such a refreshing sensation after you have been sitting on a plane for hours and I love to spritz it on my face before I get off the plane to wake me up a bit and feel more alive.
- Lip Balm – Rosebud Salve is where its at for me when I need some hydration for my lips. I am not a fan of any sort of pot lip product where I need to use my finger. and especially while I’m travelling, which makes this little tube perfect for me. It is easy to travel with, smells and tastes good and lasts forever since you don’t need much to keep your lips hydrated.
I personally don’t like wearing makeup during a flight as I would rather take the time to let my skin breathe and soak in some good skincare for a few hours. That being said, I do like to get off the plane looking somewhat human so I always pack a few essentials with me that I can throw on before we land 😀
- Eye Brow Pencil – before I left I could tell my fav Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz was on its last legs but I threw it on my carry on hoping it could at least get me through the flight since I need to have my brows done at all times. Luckily, this little beauty had just enough left in it that I could apply it before we departed and do a little touch-up before we landed so it looked like I actually had eyebrows. Hello Rome!
- Concealer – I grabbed a travel size Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer for the flight since I knew that I could also continue to use it during the rest of my trip since the coverage is so amazing that I would only need a dab of it on the flight. The travel size is so tiny and cute while the actual product brightens and conceals like a dream.
- Mascara – I mean, this goes without saying. L’Oreal Butterfly Mascara in Midnight Black is still my jam and I am so obsessed with how long and thick it makes my lashes look. I wrote a whole post about my love for it here. ❤
- Lipstick – I’ve recently been really addicted to MAC’s Satin Lipstick in Brave and even though I brought 10 other lips colours, this was the only one I wore for the whole duration of the trip. It is such a beautiful autumn transition colour and it never fails to brighten my face up while always complimenting the rest of my makeup.
We stayed at the most beautiful Airbnb in the Trastevere neighbourhood which was filled with gorgeous streets lined with cute shops, delicious restaurants and beautiful architecture. The great thing about this area was that a lot of locals lived here and was far away from any tourist areas which we really loved. This allowed us to feel like we were really part of the city and allowed us to feel like we had a home there as opposed to feeling just like another family of tourists. Even though it wasn’t in a tourist area, it was still close enough to all of the major tourist attractions where you could walk 15 minutes to see the sights.
Every single day we spent there was so perfect and we always returned home exhausted yet fulfilled from our jam packed days exploring the city. We made sure to hit up all of the tourist spots as well as making sure to explore neighbourhoods off of the beaten path for a true Roman experience 😀
Barcelona was our next stop and was a city that I had been to for only a day before. Therefore, I was beyond excited to really explore this gorgeous city especially since every single person I talk to who has been here has left absolutely LOVING this city. And guys, I left LOVING it too. The people, the architecture, the food … omg the food. Everything about Barcelona was so beautiful and the locals were beyond warm and friendly which made our experience even more special.
Just like in Rome we stayed in an area that was outside of any tourist zones and our Airbnb was so cute and cozy with gorgeous views. We visited anything and everything Gaudi related and were constantly transported into another world through his brilliant talent and artistic vision. We also made sure to visit the beach as well as the world famous La Rambalas for some tourist shopping 101.
And finally … It’s product review time!! 😀
I ended up bringing 3 products with me on my trip that I got in my #GenBeauty Toronto gift bag:
- MAC Prep and Prime Fix + – this mist ended up being the perfect finishing touch on my makeup as it kept everything in place all day. This was not an easy feat with our insanely busy days which also happened to largely involve tons of walking outside in the heat. It never dried out my skin or made me look oily which was amazing. This spray made my skin look flawless, smooth and glowy and I have continued to use this daily ever since I arrived back in Toronto. I love to spray it on my face after my base makeup is done and right before I apply my highlighter as I find my highlighter applies better on my moist skin.
2. MAC Strobe Cream in Pinklite – I really liked this product but I wouldn’t go as far as to say I loved it. I used it as a highlighter but as someone who is obsessed with highlighter, I found that this didn’t really satisfy my glow craving. It is super pretty and natural looking but I really had to build up the product to get the level of intensity I really wanted. I think that if I had a long time to get ready then I would be more than happy to use this cream but for my day to day routine, I need something that will deliver in one sweep. Also, I know that this product is supposed to be used as a moisturizer but as someone who will forever be traumatized of my past acne days, I am just too scared to slather this on my skin. To my acne prone readers, please let me know if you have used it this way successfully ❤
3. Pur~lisse Tinted Moist Cream with SPF 30 – after my epic fail using the Pur-Lisse Blue Lotus Essential Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30, I have to admit I was quite nervous about using another Pur~lisse product. However, I have to say I really loved this BB cream! It has beautiful, buildable coverage, lasts all day, blurs my pores and blends seamlessly on my skin. Plus it has built in SPF which I always love in a skincare product. I also found it to be really moisturizing as well without breaking me out which is a miracle in itself. I will for sure be purchasing this BB cream when this one runs out and I can’t recommend this product enough. Guys, I think I might be ready to try more Pur~Lisse products again! 😀
Have you been to Rome and/or Barcelona? What do you always take on your carry on bag for travelling? ❤
9 thoughts on “Travel Beauty Products + Rome & Barcelona Pics + #GenBeauty Toronto Gift Bag Product Reviews #2, 3, 4!”
So many beautiful photos! Your trip truly looks magical!! x
Awh thank you so much!😊❤️
Very useful post
Awh thank you so much! 😀 ❤
Wow I never knew cetaphil had cleansing cloths! their wash is my fave! totally gotta try it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes! They’re so effective and so gentle! If you love the face wash, you’ll love their cleansing cloths 😀 ❤
This was really helpful because I plan on travelling soon. Great photos !!!!
Wonderful! I am so happy you found it helpful 😀