I’m so excited I was nominated for this award by the beautiful Nova at SUPERNOVABEAUTY! She has the most gorgeous blog filled with really helpful product reviews that I always enjoy reading since I know I can count on her to be super honest and thorough. Also, please note that the actual creator of this wonderful award is Okoto Enigma who’s lovely blog you can visit here 😀
Here are the rules for the Mystery Blogger Award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions provided
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share and link to your best post(s)
So to get started, 3 things about myself are:
- I live in Toronto, Ontario which is located in Southern Canada. I moved here from Niagara to attend the University of Toronto and have loved every second since the very first day I moved here. I cannot say enough incredible things about Toronto and I always get insanely excited when someone says they are visiting or moving here because I cannot wait for them to also fall in love with this city.
- I am an avid skier and have been skiing since I was 6 years old. Skiing is one of my favourite activities to do with my dad and brother and we have traveled all over North America skiing together. These will always be some of my fondest memories and I hope to never give up skiing especially with them.
- My recent trip to Japan literally changed my life. It altered my perception of life and the world in ways I never could have imagined. Thus, the travel bug has really bit me hard this time and I am dying to go and explore another faraway land ASAP. ❤
The questions provided by Nova are:
- What weird food combinations do you really enjoy? (weird question)– Foie Gras and Nutella. Sounds weird but is my all time favourite dessert. If you are in Toronto, you need to try it at The Black Hoof. Your life will never be the same.
- If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days? – I would book an Air B&B downtown Toronto in an amazing condo by the water and spend three days there with my boyfriend as a little staycation. I would pepper my constant snacking and Netflix marathons with some much needed time at a spa ft. a massage or two, a facial, some steam room time and a little pool action as well.
- What social stigma does society need to get over? – That all girls are mean and catty to one another. This is not true. This social stigma sucks because it allows women to think its okay to be cruel to one another when really we should all be supporting and loving one another. There is room for everyone and life is nothing without amazing women behind you in your corner ❤
- In the past people were buried with the items they would need in the afterlife, what would you want buried with you so you could use it in the afterlife? – I would want to bring my phone. I have no idea what the afterlife consists of but I know I would want to take pictures there. Plus, would there be service there? Can you still text and call each other in the afterlife?
- What’s something you really resent paying for? – ATM fee charges. Especially when they are over $2.00. Ugh.
Below are links to some of my best blog posts that have either:
- Required a lot of work to post, so I am proud of them – AND/OR –
- Have received a lot of views on the day of posting
1. Two of my most recent blog posts that required a lot of work to post are Fun Things To Do In Toronto: Summer Edition and my Father’s Day Gift Guide. Both of these posts required a lot of research as I wanted to make sure nothing was left out and that I included things I loved as well as activities / gift ideas that weren’t necessarily ones I liked but that others might enjoy. I really loved putting together these posts as they were like mini projects and forced me to think outside of the box. I also learned a lot while writing these posts both about Toronto and about products available to men for occasions such as Father’s Day. It was a fun change to dive into posts that focused on lifestyle and as well as discussing topics that related to an audience that sometimes my usual posts wouldn’t reach. I will for sure be writing more posts like this in the future 😀
2. My post Recent Beauty Products I Won’t Be Repurchasing has received more comments, likes and views than any other post on my blog thus far. As of now, I currently have 53 comments, 86 likes and 159 views and I still can’t believe it! I feel like this post appealed to a lot of people because a lot of people had also tried these products and either loved or hated them. I really loved how this post started so many discussions within the comments and allowed readers to voice their opinions about the products I had spoke about. I also think it was a popular post because everyone, including myself, likes to know if a product is worth their money and reviews like this one are helpful in deciding that.
For this award I would like to nominate:
- The Obsession Begins
- The Contour Monarch
- Christen’s Corner
- Siyana Online
- The Expats
- Ayr Galaxy
- The Redhead Edit
- Darling in Scarlet
- Evelle Ford
- A Beautiful Whim
- Baby Bohemian
- Maggie Simple Life
My questions are:
- How did you get into blogging and where do you want your blog to be in 5 years?
- What keeps you motivated on days when you aren’t inspired to write about anything?
- Where is one place you have always wanted to travel to and why?
- If you had to use only one beauty brand for the rest of your life, what brand would you choose?
- If you could be any celebrity for one day, who would you be? (my weird/funny question)
My best posts:
Ahhh guys I don’t know which are my best posts! I love them all for different reasons. Every single post on here makes me smile because when I read them back I know exactly how I was feeling at that point in my life and who I was when I wrote it and I love that. I can for sure tell how much I have grown since starting my blog, not only as a writer but also as a person, so I hope my blog has just gotten better and better. I guess someone else will have to answer this one for me 😀 ❤